Wednesday, September 3, 2008

VIRU -THE TOUGHEST !!!!

"There was not much of a difference in bowling to most of the Indian batsmen. Their style was similar. Sehwag was the toughest to bowl to without doubt," Mendis, who picked up Indian wickets in heaps in both the Test and ODI series, told 'cricketnirvana.Com'.

The Lankans won the Test series 2-1 but lost the ODI series 2-3 but Mendis said he found no difference in the batting style of the two Indian sides.

He said the only reason why he failed to replicate his stupendous Test form in ODIs was the lesser number of overs he bowled in the shorter version of the game.

"There wasn't really much of a difference between the two sides. It was more or less the same for me. My problem in one-dayers was that there were only 10 overs to bowl and it is very difficult to take wickets in that limited time," he said.

Mendis, however, admitted that gradually the Indians and other international teams would learn to read him and he is prepared to cope with that.

"As time has passed since I first bowled to them this team which is one of the best in the world is beginning to understand me. Also other teams must be trying to understand my bowling.

"But I know that as long as I do the correct thing I will take wickets. If I can't then I will change my style," he said.

No comments: