Friday, August 29, 2008

Josh Beckett was diagnosed with a strained right elbow

Josh Beckett was diagnosed with a strained right elbow and was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday, retroactive to Aug. 18.

The announcement was made prior to the Red Sox's game Friday night against the Chicago White Sox. Tests on Beckett's elbow, taken during his visit with Dr. James Andrews on Friday, were clean, according to manager Terry Francona.

"I don't trust anybody more than I trust him when it comes to stuff like that. Just to go down there and hear it from him. It's something I needed to do, just to clear my mind," Beckett said. "He said my ligament looked fine. That's what I was afraid of. ... It was a big relief."

Francona said that if things progress, he expected Beckett to be ready next week for the series opener against the Rangers in Texas.

No comments: