Sunday, March 30, 2008

sehwag's knock

Virender Sehwag, who was awarded Man of the Match for a stunning 319 in the Chennai Test said this innings was better than the Multan knock where he got 309 against Pakistan.

"The conditions here were more challenging. The humidity and the heat made it more special here."

"I played each ball on merit and I knew that if I stayed at the crease for a whole day I would score 250-260 runs in a day," Sehwag said.

He also acknowledged that he and Jaffer capitalised well on the terrifc start they got. They went onto post 213 runs for the first wicket.

The only man to go past 300 twice besides Don Bradman and Brian Lara was grateful to Dravid for his suppirt in the middle: "I was extermely tired at a point but Dravid kept on egging me to be calm and and said that if I hung on and came back the next day, I would get much more."

Sehwag's triple century was the fastest ever in Test history

No comments: